Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thank You Aaron, Lets Thank His Family

Pvt. Aaron Fairbairn from Aberdeen, Washington was shot and killed in Afghanistan on July 4, 2009. I saw the notice posted on a local business and I prayed for his family. It wasn't until this morning when someone from my church contacted me to let me know Pvt. Aaron Fairbairn's mother is the wonderful lady who called me to subsitute this past year, Shelly Masters.

I cannot say enough words to take away the pain this family is feeling as I once lost a son and know the emptiness and ache it leaves in my heart. I know his dad davidmmasters has twittered on his son and there is more on You Tube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC6rk3didJE

Please leave a message on Twitter, My Space or You Tube to this family for their sons ultimate sacrifice on July 4th.

My tears have come and gone all day. I didn't know this young man, but I have heard a few wonderful things about him and I know his mother and how wonderful she is and I know his neighbors who are feeling so torn apart now having lost their father a few years ago.

Whatever you can do to let this family know their sons did not die in vain!

No comments: