Sunday, August 2, 2009

Quilt Magazine Mania

This may not look like much, but it is a huge pile of over 100 quilt magazines and patterns that I have been attempting to organize over the last year. Now that I am unable to do much, I have had the grandchildren place them on the kitchen table and we are going to work together to get these in sleeves and in binders.

As you can see, I have 2 desk drawers chock full of quilting books and more patterns. I really need to have these organized into nice neat areas where I only have to look in one place for something!

It is difficult when our home is so small, but I do believe I can accomplish this by being more diligent in keeping everything in one spot. Of course, if I was allowed to do more right now, it may get done sooner, but at least I can take my time and do a little at a time and the kids love looking through these books and magazines as much as I do.

When it comes to quilting, even the little ones get involved. Diva girl is looking for another pattern so I can make her a new quilt!



































2 comments:

Sara said...

Jean - saw your comment on my blog and traced you back to yours. What a small world! I have an elderly aunt and uncle who live in Aberdeen, WA. And I have a similar pile of quilting magazines begging for organization.

Quiltingranny said...

How funny is that? My hubby and I talk all the time about how small our world is living in Aberdeen. I collect quilt magazines knowing in my heart, I will never finish each quilt, but I keep trying!