Monday, August 24, 2009

Update On My Mom

So many of you were awesome in sending my mom cards of well wishes when she was first diagnosed with breast cancer and had her mastectomy & I can never thank you enough, but I can tell you that she was thrilled so many reached out to her. Thank you from my heart!

My mom later called me after her surgery and stated they had found some spots in her lungs, but she was on the right track with her chemo. Then she had an allergic reaction to one of the blood strengthening drugs and was hospitalized for about a week.

She has been home and my brother and his wife have visited, my brother visited alone, my baby sister visited alone and 2 weeks ago brother and sisters went to visit. Her neighbor called me and told me she was putting weight back on and feeling so much better.

I spoke with my mom the other day and she informed me that today, her regular physician would be holding court with the others involved, her surgeons, her Oncologist and the Radiologist and he was asking for, but going to demand some answers and that will be done sometime today.

It appears her doctor is not happy about anything being done and feels they aren't acting quickly enough. It seems her breast site isn't healing properly to his satisfaction and they have discovered more tumors in her lungs.

I am asking all of you to please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers. I can't travel to California at this time and even if I could, we are so bogged down in debt we couldn't afford it and I have no job prospects to count on at this time.

Please surround our family in love and prayers.

3 comments:

Debi said...

Oh Ranny Jean dear,
I am praying with all my heart for you and your mom!! I hope with all that is in me... she does better!! And her doctor is able to get the needed answers!! I am praying so hard, my heart goes out to you in your time of need!! Sending you all of our love, and prayers my dear!
Debi xoxo

Quiltingranny said...

Thank you for the prayers! We cherish all of them!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry, I will pray for you both with the most sincerity and hope. That is so tough when debt adds to the inability to be there,I completely understand that feeling. I started selling lunches for extra cash myself.Hang in there and may the Lord bring much needed strength and perseverance in your lives.