Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quilt Help Needed...Please, With Mitered Corners

I give up! I confess! I am hopeless! I simply cannot, no matter how hard I try get a mitered corner on my quilts and it is driving me insane. I have followed Connecting Threads video and others and I can miter one corner out of 4. HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPP
me please someone, before I loose my mind!

I have even used a ruler with a 45 degree angle on it and I fold the angle, fold it back and when I sew it and it is done, I have these really weird little pocket things on my corners. There has to be a better way and I feel like I have failed Quilting 101!

I am not doing a pieced binding, this is with the long continuous binding and it took the entire day away from me yesterday, so I gave up and cut the binding and sat down and cried! I am looking for others that have had the same frustrations as I am having and what you did to overcome your brain block?

3 comments:

Marguerita McManus said...

Have you watched these 2 videos? They are really good.... http://www.quilt-video.com/category/binding/

Marguerita McManus said...

Oh, and here's my video about how I turn my corners - but remember that I am sewing my binding to the *back* and then bringing it forward to the front - - then sewing it down with decorative stitching.... http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyShortcutQuilts#play/uploads/8/93EhTJvaBM4

Quiltingranny said...

I will look at yours again and I think I have seen every tutorial out there. I am loosing something when I do the 45 degree angle and then bring it down, I wind up with a bubble (if thats what you want to call it).