Monday, September 7, 2009

Wise Beyond Her Years...


No, she isn't mad, she was trying very hard not to smile at something her brother had said!
Yesterday, I was sitting at the computer writing a letter (you know the kind, you write it, fold it and then drop it in a real mailbox?) when the kids were eating breakfast and a conversation came up between all three of them.
The middle one made a comment about calling their dad Father and the oldest piped up saying, no, he is 'just dad,' God is our Father and since our dad can't be here, God is always with us.
Say what? Did she just say that God is their Father all the time and always with them? I was amazed! She then continued to explain that since their own dad cannot be with them, that God and Jesus always will be and they will be in their hearts all the time.
If Ranny and Papa aren't around, God will be she said and God is more than you can hold in your heart! One of them said then they were going to call God their Daddy and the educator of the bunch said...'No, that is disrespectful to God, you can call Him Father or Abba, but not daddy!'
Excuse me, Abba Father? Romans 8:15 says: 'For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.(Adoption) **We have been adopted by God the Father! ** (Italics is my interpretation) And by him we cry, "Abba,Father."
Sometimes when they are in church, sitting next to me, drawing pictures or reading, I wonder how much are they listening, how much do they pay attention in Sunday School and I learned yesterday, that they listen more than I ever imagined!
I tried my best to stay out of the conversation as it was so pure, innocent and just so real, that I didn't want to break the momentum they had. Right after her saying that, they began saying thank you Father Daddy for breakfast, for the rain and then...the rain led to a whole entire different conversation, that I will save for later!

No comments: