Thursday, October 8, 2009

Escaping


I have been working on a table runner for Christmas and it has eight reindeer, so they are all cut out and placed on the runner squares, but not appliqued yet. And this cute little sleigh. I worked on it Monday and Tuesday after some appointments I had.

Yesterday, when I picked the kids up from school, we went out to Ocean Shores so I could sit out at the beach for a bit and clear my head. It wasn't a happy beach yesterday, it was a deep gray and taller than norm waves and lots of white caps.
While it may not have been pissed off, it definitely was angry! It was so windy, all we could do was sit in the car and watch those brave souls flying kites. Not to mention, I am not quite up to walking on the beach without another adult with me.
Just so much has taken place with my mom the last 3 days, that I needed to clear my head for at least a few minutes and the ocean always seems to do that. So does quilting, it is an escape, but at least I am not out at the bar!




No comments: