Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Needed This...Comic Relief





After 2 weeks of caring for my mom, my hubby showed up to take us all home (I will return after some medical appointments). I didn't realize how exhausted I was until we pulled out of the driveway and all I wanted to do was sleep.

On the way home up I-5 near Yreka, there is this sign for the town of Weed, California and I could not resist making hubby actually drive down an access road to snap a picture of this. I laughed so hard, but thought what a great way to get people to stop by and visit your town.

Now, if only other places with unique names would do this, I believe their economy might turnaround.
We stopped by the O'Brien Rest Area in Shasta Mountain country and I got the family to pose for a picture. Of course, the bunny ears sprang up on everyone, but I wanted to send something to their daddy so he can see they were visiting in California.

The main reason we stopped here was so that I could snap some pictures of the beautiful Lake Shasta as the last time we came through (summer 2007), I didn't have my camera available.

I was so shocked and disappointed when I took the following pictures and notice there is no lake to be seen in these, as I learned we missed all the spring run off!














No comments: