Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It Was A Good Day

By the first Friday we were there, my mom was using her hands and feet dancing in bed to the music on the Disney movies she insisted the kids get to watch during the day and Diva Girl asked her when she was going to go dancing. My mom told her tomorrow and of course, she believed her so the next morning she wanted to know where her dancing shoes and dress were so she could watch grandma dance.

The above picture was as close to dancing as it got. My mom and step-dad are watching Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs and I had to snap this shot off of them holding hands and watching this show. The kids got a huge kick out of it as well.

My step-dad was spoiling the kids rotten with lunch that was complete with their choice of ham, sliced turkey or bologna and Tillamook Cheddar Cheese and of course, no lunch was complete without their fair share of Granny Goose potato chips and diet 7-ups. Wow!

My mom was so funny. She would start thinking about what she wanted for lunch around 10ish or so and then when it was lunch, she would request the same thing day after day: A half a sandwich on whole grain bread, Miracle Whip on both sides, sliced turkey and Tillamook Cheese with a bowl of Granny Goose Chips and juice.

Then there was the nightly treats of ice cream and let me tell you, my mom can down a bowl of ice cream, chocolate all the time and I am talking heaping large bowl, I was amazed and of course if she was getting ice cream then you weren't forgetting her grandbabies.

The pictures I have posted here are just random shots I took while the kids were outside playing and romping around. You can tell while we were there, they went outside and had good times at least for the first week and that my friends will be another story coming soon!













No comments: