Amy makes fused glass items and the ones I fell in love with, were the barrettes with animal themes like dogs and bunnies and they are amazing in their detail. For someone who knows a special child or even adult with long hair that is a true animal lover, these barrettes would be a perfect item for them.
I do not know about you, but when I go to WalMart to buy hair supplies for my granddaughters, barrettes are not cheap and the cute ones start out much higher and you get your typical run of the mill everyone has one like it plastic barrette. Amy makes fused glass barrettes starting out at $5.50 plus a $2 shipping charge.
With ajewelgift, you get beautiful hand made and uniquely designed barrettes and earrings for that special someone. Easter and Valentines is right around the corner, kids are back in school and these would make the best stocking stuffers ever! What about the girls that attend school and have to wear uniforms? One of Amy's barrettes would be a perfect complement to the basic blue/tan or green uniform.
Amy is donating not one, but two barrettes to one lucky winner. A small and a 3" of her choice.
Interview with the owner of Ajewelgift:
1. First name: Amy
2. You have such an eclectic mixture of glass items in your shop, how did you decide what you wanted to make? It may be eclectic because I can never settle on just one idea thousands of ideas popping around in my head in terms of different things to do or to try. Usually I narrow in on something that has a specific goal (i.e., this would make a great gift for my friend) and then branch off from there. It’s also true that what you see in my shop are the successes… I try a number of things that don’t work out that well and sometimes I’ll leave an idea alone for a while after one try and then come back and try it again a few months later. Eventually it morphs into something I’m happy with.
3. Wow! Crafting since you were 3 is amazing, what types of mediums have you worked in and what are your favorites besides fused glass? I’ve worked with glass, fabric, wood, and a little bit of metal. Aside from fused glass, my current second passion is making jewelry.
4. How long have you been with Zibbet? I joined in December of 2009.
5. Do you have other shops on Etsy or Art Fire? I do… http://www.ajewelgift.etsy.com/ and http://www.ajewelgift.artfire.com/ and http://www.aholidaygift.artfire.com/
6. Do you sell on Ebay? I do, www.stores.ebay.com/ajewelgift
7. What is your favorite piece in your shop and why? Of the items currently listed, it’s probably a tie between the german shepherd ponytail barrette and the small black and white barrette. The ponytail barrette took quite a bit of time to achieve the result that I wanted, so I like it because it finally worked. The small black and white barrette is just adorable and functional, and somehow just grabs me. I have a number of other items to add to the listings... just need to find a little more time to get them all up :-)
8. You live in the Phoenix area and I lived their for 22 years, have you been able to get any of your jewelry in the local craft shops or resorts? I have not pursued this at this point in time. I have been at a number of local craft fairs.
9. What has been your favorite place to live and why? Probably Hawaii. I really enjoyed the culture there and loved kayaking in the ocean.
10. Any other thing you would like my readers to know? The flavor of dog and animal themed items in my shop is no accident. I’ve loved animals my entire life, and our house is currently filled with 5 dogs.
**This portion of the giveaway is open to United States residents only.** For my international readers, watch for an upcoming giveaway especially for you!**
The second shop to generously agree to donate is Rachelle over at Christian Shirts.net. Rachelle and her family make beautiful Christian tee-shirts, magnets, bumper stickers, etc.. and she has agreed to donate a shirt to this giveaway. One lucky reader gets a tee-shirt of their choosing.
I know Christmas was just a few short weeks ago, but head on over to Rachelles shop at this time where they have an awesome bargain of shirts for only $10 and if you need shirts for your special event or group, contact Rachelle.
I personally love the Frog (Forever Rely on God) shirt and the Pray It Forward shirt, but there are so many to choose from, the more I look the more favorites I have. I will be posting an interview from Rachelle here later.**This portion of the giveaway is open to United States Residents only**
Now for my many international followers who have been such wonderful readers and supporters of this blog, I am offering the following up for anyone to have a chance to win:This is an adorable little note card tin that comes with 12 100% recycled greeting cards, tin and envelopes and the ink is soy based, so not only are you receiving this, you are winning something that is earth friendly.
Not only are these note cards, they are actually an assortment of 12 birthday cards, so you won't have to rush out at the last moment for a birthday card, you will have them on hand.
The next portion of the international giveaway is fabric. Once again I am giving up some of my stash and the lucky winner will receive a small mailing envelope full of fabric. There will be no junk and no tiny pieces.
Contest Rules: ( I know, but we all need rules!)
1- Contest open from today, January 5, 2010 until 6:00 p.m. PST January 15th.
2-You MUST leave an email address with your comment so I can notify you when you win. Comments left without an email address will not be counted.
3-You have 3 days from the time I post winners and send you an email to send me a valid mailing address. If you do not notify me within 3 days, you will forfeit your prize and I will choose someone else.
4-Entries are counted like this:
* -Leaving a comment here or anywhere on this blog gives you one entry per comment.
* -Go to ajewelgift or christian shirts.net, look around their sites, come back and leave me a post about your favorite thing in their shops and receive 5 more entries, leave them a comment you came from this blog when you are there!
* -Blog about this giveaway and receive 5 more entries
* -Follow me and receive 5 more entries or if you already follow me, let me know. Please let me know if you are a new follower!
* -Purchase something from either one or both of these shops, send me a confirmation Email of your purchase (I do not need to have personal information) and you will recieve an additional 10 entries. Purchasing something does not guarantee you will win!
Please make each entry separate as they are easier for me to count that way. Good Luck everyone and keep those comments coming!