Saturday, July 24, 2010

Christmas In July


I don't know about any of you, but if I don't start my holiday projects early, I won't get them done.

One of my wonderful blog readers sent me these 2 fabrics last years and I couldn't bear to cut them into quilt pieces, so I made a reversible pillow with 2 buttons in the middle out of them!

The real challenge in making this was pulling the thread through to get the gathers without breaking the thread or pulling it to the other side right on through.

I got some help from some little hands and was very happy with how this pillow came out in the end.

It is 16" x 16" and used a Mountain Mist pillow form. I personally don't like stuffing pillows, so pillow forms are much easier for me to use and I think they have a firmer look. I also used a cotton crochet thread for the buttons as a normal weight thread was not working and kept breaking!
I love the gold embellishments on the fabric and the non-traditional colors such as the purplish Poinsettias on the cream fabric and the teal Poinsetti'as on the green fabric.
So, what are you doing for Christmas projects?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks great jean!

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks lady! Simple, quick and got rid of some of my extra fabric!