My newest project was laid out on the floor over the past few days so I could decide if I liked the look and my two granddaughters were amazing helpers...they laid it out and all I did is pick the fabrics.
This fabric consists of 400 strips and is laid out 15 strips down and 26 strips across and there is not 2 of the same fabric in either row. Although now looking at it from the camera angle I can see where I might need to change a few of the lighter colors around.
When we had the very last strip laid out, we left it for a few days so I could look at it and make sure all the pieces were not the same and so all of our backs could rest!
This evening, they stacked each row up for me and I pinned them together and numbered them. I have decided to use some of the same fabrics as a pieced border instead of using one solid color.
This is a Christmas quilt and I have cut out enough fabric to make 2, so I have to get these done quickly. My thanks to all of my readers who generously sent me Christmas fabrics so I could complete this project.
I will post pictures as I go along.
A HUGE thanks to Ashley for generously being willing to send me a new EZ Quilt ruler since I have trashed mine so badly...thank you for your blessing!