Sunday, July 11, 2010

Quilters Dilemma...Repairing a Rotary Mat & Bartering For a Ruler


I have been using a rotary cutting mat that I purchased at JoAnne's fabrics over a year ago & no, it isn't a self-healing OLFA mat and therein lies the problem. I have committed one of the most quilting no-no's ever and cut my over 400 pieces in the same spot, so now my mat has a bumpalump on it.

For those of you that don't know my language, a bumpalump is when your rotary cutter is going along smoothly and all of a sudden it hits a bump and goes bumpalump and leaves a spot that isn't cut.

For those of you more savvy in this area than I am...is there a way to repair this damage or am I doomed to a quilters time out in a dark dreary corner somewhere for breaking the, 'never cut over and over in the same place rule?'

Now that is said and done, my wonderful trusty 2" x 18" EZ quilting ruler have developed nicks and cuts (from my earlier cutting & learning how to use a rotary tool) in it and it is so bad now that when I am cutting, I catch the nicks with my rotary cutter.

Now, as a quilter, I just happen to know there are many of my quilting friends who are hoarders in the area of quilting supplies, so I was wondering if anyone has an extra one or one of the 6" x 24" rulers and would like to barter (exchange) for it?

I have fabric, WARM Company batting, quilt patterns that would be great for trading. All my giveaway winners always receive their prizes and so do my apron and swapbot partners, so if you need to check my reliability...there you have it.

Anyone out there willing to part with their extra ruler? Let me know please!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

If you are still in need of a ruler, I'd be happy to send you one. It is exactly the same as the one in the picture. Let me know!

Quiltingranny said...

Ashley, yes I am and bless your heart!