Sunday, July 11, 2010

Quilts For the Orphans


Many of you have asked me about the quilting project I am doing for Rescue Ministries International and the blind orphans they are taking care of in Sierra Leone. I thought I would post their link here and on my side bar along with telling you that Pastor John and Lindsey Kargbo are 2 of the most God filled people you will meet and they have a heart for these children.

Please, won't you help them? It gets cold in Sierra Leone and it is a very poor country. The orphans have what we can help them with. I have committed to making each orphan a twin sized quilt for their bed. I have made them with various fabric, buttons, etc. so these children will have sensory objects for themselves.

They hand wash everything and because it is dusty, Lindsey told me they wash frequently with a washboard...so please, durable 100% cottons, corduroy or other sturdy fabrics only.

If you commit to making a quilt, please let me know and when you let Lindsey and Pastor John know, tell them I sent you. I have made 3 so far...I only have 50+ more to go. Won't you help me complete this project for these young boys/girls, men/women?

How many of you out there have stash fabric and time to do this? We can do this together! I have tried several times to get this done and can't believe with all the wonderful quilters I have met, not one has stepped up and said...yes, I will do this!

It only costs your time and postage to Washington state, Pastors Kargbo will get them to Sierra Leone somehow...they always do!

No comments: