Monday, October 18, 2010

Women Praying



Today, I want to encourage all women to pray. You don't have to spend hours on your knee's in prayer, but if you can, do so. Today, I just want you to realize that there is someone who cares about what you are going through, someone who loves you and wants to help and his name is Jesus!

As I am sitting here this morning, drinking my pumpkin latte, I am struck by several things I have heard this week regarding prayer.
  1. While Jaime McMurray may not be known to many of you, as a NASCAR fan, he is known to many. Saturday when he won the race, he took time to explain that over the last year his life has been changed around due to prayer. I replayed that bit, so my grands and a friend could hear what he had to say. They were amazed that a 'famous person,' would talk about prayer.
  2. Yesterday our visiting pastor from Costa Rica said he was going to give up his pastoring after 30 plus years a little over a year ago and then he began praying more and harder and today, he realized he is where God has called him to be.
  3. My own bible study a few weeks ago was praying for a young lady in a coma and at the time we were praying, she awoke and spoke to her mom for the first time in weeks.
We simply cannot, not pray! Oh, I am probably the worst at praying since I have so much stuff going on in my life this year, but I do pray everyday. I pray each morning before I get up, I pray as I am doing my bible study, I pray Gods blessing on my granchildren as they go through their day and my husband, my bosses, my family.

Today, I simply remind you that if you have a need, if you feel you are spiritually lacking, if life is dragging you down...FALL DOWN! Yes, fall down on your knee's in prayer.

Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank you for every reader that comes to this blog today and always and I ask that they find a small bit of peace, but that more so that they will seek you in earnest and they will learn that prayers come in many sizes and forms. That we don't have to be in our room, we can pray in our car, in the bathroom stall, at our desk, but we as women Father, must learn to pray. Father, I further ask if there are any women that come to this blog that do not know You, that they will ask about you and seek and find.

Father, I thank you for my family, my friends and my blog readers and the opportunity you have given me to come into their lives and affect their lives for You and Your glory. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments: