Monday, November 29, 2010

In the Freezing Cold, A Promise....


In all Gods infinite wisdom, He always shows me how powerful and awesome He is. Yesterday when I came back from church, I was standing on the front porch talking to hubs while he was beginning to put up Christmas lights and look what I found...

We just had temperatures in the teens and several days of freezing snow and these little beauties shouldn't even be here, matter of fact most of the larger flowers are dormant or gone to seed.

But not these pretties and then next to the mailbox I noticed (I couldn't get down that far) one lone purple Pansy was waving to me in the breeze.

This brought to my mind immediately the scripture in Matthew 6:28 that states, 'So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of thefield, how they grow, they neither toil or spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.'

If you need anymore proof, here are the babies all snug in their buds but ready to come to the surface and share their glorious colors with us and it is November. So, even in my current state of mind, I can still find the beauty in what goes on around me and I just found these late bloomers to be nothing short of a miracle!

Odd, had these been planted in Arizona, the first cold snap would have killed them! But in Washington they seem to be thriving!

No comments: