Saturday, November 20, 2010

Looking For More Quilts/Afghans

Brother John Kargbo and his beautiful bride Lindsey came by the house this evening and picked up the two afghans from my old neighbor Shirley. They really were so thankful and told me I am down 7 quilts now, I have one almost complete for 8 and that will leave 46 more to go.

I was amazed to find out that these blankets are actually doing double duty. They help to line the containers as packing material as well as making the orphans have something that is totally theirs, unique and keeps them warm.

I am still looking for anyone who would love to make and donate a twin sized afghan or quilt for these young men and women/boys & girls who so desperately need something to help keep them warm and let them know others in a country far away care enough about them to make them something to keep them warm.

Brother John will be making the trip back to Sierra Leone to check on the school, preach, teach and help with any difficulties I believe somewhere between March & May 2011. That gives you about 3 months after the holidays.

If you would like to help these orphans, please contact me for further information.


No comments: