Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blueberries and Bad News


Since moving to Washington, I think I have eaten enough blueberries to qualify to be called Violet Beauregard from 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.' Seriously!!

Recently, I found fresh blueberries at our local market for so reasonable, I purchased an entire case of them and I made some homemade syrup and keep it in the fridge in a canning jar. Warm it up and it makes yummy cold day breakfast over whole wheat pancakes!

I am glad today, the kids wanted blueberry pancakes for breakfast because they are so scrumptious and delicious and comforting and I needed comfort.

I opened my Email today and my boss let me know there is no work at all right now, so basically, I am unemployed. I saw this coming, so I am not to upset and my boss is such a sweetheart, that the news via Email didn't bother me at all.

So, now, I can catch up on some projects....stripping the paint off a china cabinet and 2 drawers (yes John, I have to at least try it to see what is under all the layers), making some Easter quilts for my Zibbet shop, finishing a quilt for my son and his wife, cleaning house, playing with the kids...

We are so blessed in spite of the bad news! We recently received a tax return and were able to pay bills off and catch up with others. Hubs received a bonus, we filled the freezer and pantry, stocked up on other supplies, the kids all have shoes, their lessons are paid this month and I decided to put some $$ in savings.

We are blessed and just last week someone in my bible study told me: God wants you to know, 'you are not defined by your job.' I guess she knew that was a direct message!

So, tossing dinner in the crock pot, getting a hair cut, going tanning, selling Girl Scout cookies and Bible study today...yep, it was bad news and depending on how we take bad news, will depend on how God hands us our blessings.

1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

So sorry to hear about your news however I firmly believe when God closes one door, He always opens another. We've seen it in our lives over and over again. I know He will take care of you. Hugs, oh and btw I love blueberries.