Monday, March 28, 2011

What Have I Done Today

So, what have I been up to today? I finished putting the binding an quilt label on this little Easter quilt for one of my granddaughters, I performed day 2 of the Couch to 5K (can you say sweat?? UGH!!), I took down part of the grands swing set, cleaned up the kitchen and now we are getting ready to eat lunch and head to the U Dub....University of Washington for those not from around here.

As you can tell, I used a scribble scrolling type of stitch round the inner binding...I am getting a bit braver in my free motion quilting. I used a deep purple binding with tiny gold flecks to follow the gold in the outer binding himself.

I had to break down and go to my local quilt shop to get some binding fabric and settled on this springy Eastery floral fabric in pinks, purples and blues. I say I had to break down because while I have lots of fabric scraps, fat quarters and chunks in my collection, I don't have very many larger than a yard pieces and this took about a yard and a half.

Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

You've got a lot accomplished. I walked uptown twice today. Think I'll go for another walk later. Hugs

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt for your granddaughter is adorable! Althought I didn't grow up in the northwest, both of my parents are graduates of the U of Dub so I have heard that expression all my life - lol!

Amy said...

Jean you have inspired me to start quilting again! I am well on the way to completing a blanket for Japan. I just broke the dern needle though. I will have to get Nick to fix it for me when he gets home. Can you email me the particulars of where to send it? Thanks bunches <3

Hugs
-Amy

laprochaine at gmail dot com

Mary Ann said...

http://rocknquilts.blogspot.com/2011/03/american-quilters-society-reaches-out.html
New! A direct address to Japan for quilt donations through July 2011!!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I love the purple! I finished the top to a jean quilt.
Thanks for coming by, I'm glad to meet another "Crier" who understands :)