Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Favorite Book -Photo Challenge #23


I can honestly say this is my favorite book and has been since I was a child for oh so many reasons. It was a book we had in our home and when I was sick, my mom always sat on my bed and read it to me. At bedtime, my mom would read it to me.

My Uncle Biddy who lived in Delaware also told me stories about going to the island of Chincoteague and being part of the ponies round up and how exciting it was and I dreamed of the day I would be old enough to go with him.

I never did get the opportunity and I don't know whatever happened to that old tattered copy of Misty, but I have checked it out of the library and read it to my own children and grandchildren. It is a classic and one in which times were slower and kids had to make up their own kinds of fun.


No comments: