Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pillowfight For A Cause

I know my favorite thing in the world is reaching out to help others. Every since I can remember, I have been the one to help those less fortunate. In school, I was the one that played with those that no one else would and I remember living in Nevada during the sixties and no one would play with the Native American children, but I did. My grandmother was a great seamstress and she would make wonderful clothes and blankets and we would take them to the reservation.

I volunteered in junior high to give up my lunch hour to work with disabled children at the school that was next to the junior high and I had so much fun and those children had so much to show me. I was the one that fought for the underdog, helped tutor after school on my front porch the kids who were struggling with reading, was a Candy Striper at the local hospital and on and on it goes.

I love quilting, so I make quilts for those in need. I loved my job before I retired as a police dispatcher so many of my quilts go to dispatchers in need or their families. I keep books of whom I have made quilts for and the pictures (okay, for the most part). But not everyone wants to quilt nor do they want to make something so time consuming and then give it away.

Well, here is your chance to reach out, help others and maybe win something. It is called Pillow Fight for a Cause : Ladybird Ln

You can post pictures of pillows you made and those don't even have to be sent out, they can be judged and you can win prizes for those...however, for every picture of a pillow you post, you must send a handmade pillowcase for the cause.

What are you waiting for? Scooch on over to Ladybird Lane's blog and read all about it! http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/05/pillow-fight-for-causepart-1.html

1 comment:

Ladybird Ln said...

Thank you so much for helping us spread the word about our Pillow Fight! It sounds like you are no stranger to service, thanks for all you do!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com