Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Awesome Way To Eat Your Veggies

I am always trying to find new ways to fix veggies. In our home we love them, but hubby loves them only with some butter and salt and for my weight issues, that isn't going to help. However yesterday I was looking for an idea for dinner and ran across the simplist way to prepare what I call California Veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots).

Cook them until crisp tender then toss them with fresh Basil and splash them with a small bit of Italian Dressing. It can be low fat dressing, homemade. I took a bit out of the batch for me and when the kids saw it they wanted to try it.

We have a WINNER!! We wound up having to leave a bit in the pot for Papa because everyone loved the freshness of the veggies and the change from butter!

I won't say that I will do it everytime, but I will say the kids absolutely loved it and I did to!

I also got myself a new pair of Ryka walking shoes yesterday. My plan is to get up and either walk on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes every other hour or when it is nice outside to walk around my block!

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

I just ordered me a new pair of Ryka walking shoes too you must have been watching qvc when I was. They have been the best shoes I have found for these diabetic feet.