Monday, January 16, 2012

Working on Me

I want all of you to know that I love each and everyone of my blog readers, followers and I am not out of the game yet, but it seems 2012 kind of started off as 2011 ended....my washing machine went out, we are still struggling with the bank to see if we can keep our home, my Fibromyalgia has kicked into the worst flare ever, my depression has skyrocketed and while I am still here, I just am not feeling the best!



Plus, the beginning of every year finds me crazy busy organizing my home and latest on my list since it is snowing out has been to organize my basement pantry, fridge, freezer and upstairs kitchen area. That my friends is a chore.



First of all, I have this really deplorable, I would like to take a wrecking ball to it but can't afford it now, it is 13" wide x 38" deep x 79" tall. It is to deep to really put anything in it because you can't see that far back number one and number two if you do lose something back there, it takes an act of congress to dig it out. Not to mention I think at one time the walls leaked and the wall is buckling and someone shoved egg crates on the wall!


As you can see, it is very difficult to find anything in this cavern no matter how neat it is and trust me it doesn't stay that way. Soooooooooooooo, since hubby and our contractor buddy don't advise me to use the sledge hammer and our original idea to close this off and cut through the backside and enclose it with cabinet doors isn't going to happen...


I am unloading this cabinet over the next few days to my brand new pantry shelves in the basement (except cereal, oil, EVOO) and pulling out all the shelves in this closet, the busted up wall, etc., and I am putting a catch pan on the bottom and turning this area into my broom/mop/cleaning supplies cabinet!


Last night I inventoried every item down stairs in the pantry, fridge and freezer and made a list and placed it with a pen on a clip board so when something is taken or removed, I can keep track. I also made one for upstairs and I am placing it inside this cabinet door and it will have a list of what is upstairs and a copy of the basement list for easier shopping purposes!


Eventually, I am sure Extreme Home Make Over will be outside our home yelling: 'Kester Family Come On Out,' but until that day (oh Snap, they just ended with a series finalie didnt they?) oh well, so much for dreaming!


So, if I appear quiet, trust me I have caught up on all of your blogs. If I have disappeared from your following I am sorry, but this year I have decided I want to follow blogs that speak of faith, family, quilting, being old, being young, raising a family...I do not want to just follow a blog that does nothing but product reviews and nothing else or a blog that has me constantly running all over the internet to participate in a giveaway.


I find daily my strength comes from spending time in the Bible, cleaning my home, taking my meds and trying to walk a bit further in spite of the snow then I did the day before.


My massage therapist said I need to heal, a friend told me I need to heal, my best friend and hubby keep telling me I do not need to be super chick, I need to take time to relax and heal. Soooooooooooo, I am here and I am always watching your blogs and I will reply to everyone.


But 2012 is going to be the year, I take time to heal!












2 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

One of the best things I've learnt over this move was that I need to take care of ME. And when I do all the rest falls into place. I'm with you on following specific blogs. I set a number I wanted to follow and that's it. I don't participate in giveaways and I limit my time on the net. We can spend hours on it, much of it wasted!! If you need to talk, e-mail me. Hugs and love

Love Of Quilts said...

Sounds like a plan to me. Wishing it all comes true for you in 2012.