Thursday, April 5, 2012

Learning How to Satin Stitch



None of my other machines did a great satin stitch like my new Singer 160th anniversary does, maybe because I didn't have the correct footing. So today, thanks to Janome for sharing a mug rug tutorial on FB, I made my version of this cute little mug/candle rug.



It isn't perfect, a bit crooked (not like the picture, I took a quick picture), but I posted on FB I am selling it to raise money for the Relay for Life I am on called Team Elijah. A sweet little angel baby boy with cancer who has endured so much in such a short little time on this earth and he is still battling.



I am asking for donations, not going to put a price on these and see if I can raise some money for Team Elijah. So what do you think would be best? Setting a low price or asking for donations? Of course the donation would have to be $5 or more.







1 comment:

Pokey said...

Your block looks so nice, Jean. I'm glad you are enjoying that sweet little machine. Happy Easter to you and your family. I'm glad we serve a Risen Savior!
:-}pokey