Friday, May 25, 2012

What we need, not what we want!

Isn't it absolutely amazing that God gives us exactly what we need and not what we want?  I am just always going, really, how did that happen?  But I always know it is Gods perfect way of saying without bragging which by the way He could so do so easily...I did it, I care that much for you.

As many of you know it seems the only employment I can find to fit my criteria (meaning disabilities) is in another county which is a two hour drive from my home.  It makes me sad that the employers in my own area do not feel I am worthy enough to be given a chance, or that their friend they hired winds up being an embezzler or quits within days or weeks of taking them job. 

It just confuses me.  Why can't they give me a chance?  Why do they have to be so closed minded?

My education I have dumbed down on my resume and applications.  My training and supervisory report writings, I have removed from them as well.  With or without it isn't not being hired as much as it isn't even being called for an interview.  I can't even get an interview with a veterinary office and my animals have gone to that vet!

Yesterday I had to have a typing test and be able to type at 40 WPM and get a certificate for such.  Will they turn me down because I type 57 WPM?  Will they think I am overly skilled?  Will they call me  because I had to pass an Excel test with 70% and I passed with exactly 70%?

That is where God gave me exactly what I needed.  I am not very familiar with Excel as I have never had to use it and only use it at home to track my budget and bills, but I don't give up easily. I found a tutorial on line and began studying it lesson by lesson. Yesterday after a huge fiasco of no one knowing they had the test available at the employment office, they finally contacted another county who gave them the information I needed.

By the time they got the computer program pulled up and signed me in, I had just under an hour to complete the test and the test usually takes an hour to complete. I needed 70%. I finshed the last question with 3 minutes to go and got exactly a 70% having never ever used Excel 2007 or 2010 and I couldn't even tell you what version of the test they gave me.

All I know without a doubt, is that God gives us exactly what we need. No more and no less! So, even though it is tough right now without me working, I know that at this moment in time, God has me where He wants me...no more or no less!

2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

You have a lot to be thankful for. god bless

Sherry said...

Great Job!!