Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Box of Happiness

I can't begin to say thanks enough to my blog friend Trish who offered me some fabric for the Aurora Colorado quilts I am working on if I would be willing to pay the postage and I agreed.  Yesterday, the postal lady we have came to the door with this box that was bulging and stuffed full:
 This is just a few of the fabrics from the top of the box and it is a large priority box.  My head was literally reeling at how much fabric Trish fit into this box and I am already thinking thoughts in quilted pictures.  HAHA!!

It is wonderful people like Trish and others that have sent me fabrics over the years, Darlene who sent me thread, Dana who sent me a new sewing machine when mine quit working not to mention an Accuquilt, that keeps me moving forward making charity quilts.

 Here is just a sampling laid out across the piano bench, look at all the possibilities and the most wonderful thing about these fabrics is that most of them are the perfect size to back a lap sized quilt for those many quilts we are making for the Aurora Center.

Thank you so much Trish!

3 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

You are welcome, hope you can get lots of use from the fabric.

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

WOW what a wonderful gift. You will be able to make some wonderful quilts with the fabrics. Can't wait to see them. :)

Quiltingranny said...

Kim:
Yes I did, it is the Pacific Medical center on Beacon Hill. It was originally a hospital made for the Marine Corps and is very cool looking. I have an old police buddy that worked with me in AZ he was a cop in Seattle as well. Thanks for always being here!