Friday, September 14, 2012

YOU DID IT...AURORA QUILTS!!

I am sitting here this morning with tears streaming down my face and so very thankful for each and everyone of you who answered the call to send Aurora Colorado quilts.

I received a letter a few days ago from Julie Buck and sadly she has left her position at Aurora but turned it over to Deb Smith who let me know today, the last of the quilts for the communications center have been passed out.

How wonderful that Aurora knows so many people from all over the world care.  How amazing with so much chaos going on that we have been able to reach out and say we care and we will not forget.

Right now, we need several quilters to step up and help make very special quilts for the families who lost loved ones. There were 12 that died in this tragedy and we are now focusing on their families.  I have already had 4 people step up and say they will take one and one of those is an Aurora Communications operator.

I am assigning these quilts to people as they contact me.  They will need to be larger than lap sized and they will need to be somewhat personalized as much as we can with the information I have.  Deb Smith will be getting us an address and I may have to ask the media to step in.  Not all family members lives in Aurora, so they will need to be found.

I do not want to intrude on these family members lives, I just want to deliver them some love as we have done with the communications center.  

If you would like to make a special quilt, please Email me.  If you want to just help, we are also working on the 59 wounded and the remaining first responders.  

I am so thankful for each and everyone of you and I know Aurora has been blessed with the love and generosity of the quilting community! 

If you notice on my sidebar, I have updated the number of quilts we need now to 241 and in the coming days, I know that number will continue to fall as they receive more quilts.  We can do this and once it is done, I will not stop!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hi Jean,
Thanks for sending the bible verse. I hope you are having a great day.

The quilt project is a wonderful thing to be involved in. I wish you much success.

Hugs and blessings, Tammy