Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another Project Completed

This is my latest completed quilt project, a purple pocket quilt that had been sitting on my cutting table for several months now.  I just didn't have the oomph too get it done, so it sat and made faces at me each time I looked at it.

The nice thing about this is the fabrics used here were also used in another quilting project and I still have  a few of the fabrics left over in small amounts.

The binding which doesn't show very well was an old curtain I picked up at a local thrift store and it is really pretty.

The lower corner of each square are actually pockets that can be used for several things.  You can use them to place your remote in one so you don't loose it like I do down the side of the couch.

They can be used for a sick child and fill them with crayons, small coloring books, stuffed animals, etc.
My personal use for them would also be for my pens, high lighter, journal in the mornings sitting in front of the fire.

 The quilting is all done free motion as I do not have a long or short arm, so I put in a semi-circular quilting on each square, then a swirl down the border sides and a zig zag at the border tops and bottoms and I completed it with a stitch in the ditch around the outer borders.


The back was finished with the purple stripe fabric I used for the pockets as it was the only piece I had left large enough and it was filled with Warm Companies, Warm and Natural batting.

I would have loved to make it a bit heavier, but I am still struggling to find a batting at a heavier weight and poly battings don't do the trick either.

This is a Project Joseph quilt and I believe it is already spoken for which will help us add money to our account to bring our son Joseph home.

2 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Nice quilt!

Melinda Cornish said...

it is beautiful....I hope it really does help bring your son home. it just says hope and promise to me.....