Saturday, April 13, 2013

48 Questions From Nana

So, while reading Nana's blog at Empty Nest But Full Heart I decided to play her 48 questions game.  You don't have to, but I feel it is a way you can get to know me just a tad bit better!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, Jean Greco and my grandmother Alice Marie. Thus I am Jean Marie
 
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
When I read that Annette Funicello passed away.  I also bawl at sad movies, other than that, I never cry!
 
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes!
 
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Liverwurst. I rarely have it though because it is expensive and I tire of it after 2 sandwiches!
 
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
God blessed me with 5 children, all boys. One returned to the angels many years ago. I have 11 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild and hubby and are raising 3 of the grandchildren!
 
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Most definitely if I was looking for a straight shooter who didn't talk behind peoples back and told me the truth!  I have always been known for my blunt honesty!
 
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
My husband and I toss it around between us jokingly, otherwise...no!
 
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
No! I don't have many parts I was born with, but in true fashion, I have extra parts now like pins, plates and screws!
 
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Only if I was looking to die (oops, sarcasm!) because I would have a heart attack if I did!
 
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Hands down Cocoa Krispies! But my morning go to is Grits!
 
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes, I can still see my dad standing over me when I didn't making me tie and untie my shoes 100 times each time repeating...I will always untie my shoes when I take them off!
 
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes! I believe we are all strong in one way or another. Got gave us all unique abilities and mine is to remain strong and steadfast during a crisis when everyone else is falling apart!
 
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, the chunks of cherry and chocolate are delish!

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their shoes!  My grandmother did this to me!
 
15. RED OR PINK?
Neither, I am a purple girl all the way!
 
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be hyper critical of others at times!
 
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My mommy!
 
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Maybe tempering my honesty with a bit more compassion.
 
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown Sketcher slippers!

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Bagel and Cream Cheese!
 
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My freezers hum!
 
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Copper!  It isn't gold or silver but it just seems to be sparkly special!
 
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Babies after a bath, my hubby after he comes in from mowing the lawn, my best friend John's house!
 
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Depends on the day and the issue!  Right now anything to do with grandparents raising grandchildren is very important since they keep taking more and more away from us!
 
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
If it is winter and lots of snow, the Mountain Hideaway. Spring or summer, Beach house!
 
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
NASCAR!  Used to be Arizona Diamondbacks Baseball until the got rid of Luis Gonzales and then I quit watching! Not to mention we now live in Mariners territory!
 
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark Brown and white!  I gave up coloring it, I was loosing the war!
 
28. EYE COLOR?
Brown
 
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
At this time no, but I am thinking of going back to them because I wear sunglasses all the time and I cannot see anything with just my sunglasses on!
 
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Anything someone else cooks for me!
 
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Happy endings or soppy endings!
 
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Wreck it Ralph
 
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink nightgown
 
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, the more snow the better!
 
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Cheesecake
 
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Neither, does walking to the end of my driveway count? With Fibromyalgia, I can do neither!

 
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
TV
 
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

Becoming a Woman of Influence & The Power of a Praying Wife

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't use a mouse pad!

 
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
My husbands voice! It has brought me through some pretty traumatic times and kept me centered when nothing or no one else could!
 
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Christian with faves being Brandon Heath, Big Daddy Weave, Sandy Patty. I also enjoy Country such as Rascal Flatts, Hank Jr., depends on the day...Adele is a huge fave of mine as well!

 
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Where do you define home?  I was born in New York and lived all over the United States so not really sure where that would be!
 
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I am good at working with young people...i.e. junior high and high school students and at helping others see their full potential. I can also assess a situation and come up quickly with a great solution!
 
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Yonkers, NY
 
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
In the country about 30 minutes south of Olympia, WA

46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Cream and blue.
 
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Maroon
 
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Yes it was fun and thanking Nana for sharing her answers!
 

2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I loved reading your answers too. I'm wasn't sure of how/where to sign up for your new blogsite-or reader. I'm hoping that once you change, it will still come up on my reader. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Noreen

Unknown said...

I did this one a long time ago. I like these cause you learn so much about your blog friends.