Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

So, I had no other title for today's post, but it is tidbits of this and that.

 Last week I won this amazing Blitzen Quilt Kit and it came in the mail yesterday.  Oh, happy dancing around the house, I have more fabric and I won it!  Thank you so much to Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting and of course Michele Whetstone at Quilt Kit Market.

If you want a wonderful kit to work on, check them out at where else? Quilt Kit Market of course! When you are finished there hop over and say hello to Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting.   Tell them I sent you to visit!

Believe it or not, this is the same set of trees as my granddaughters photo last evening, only now it is 12 hours later, the sun isn't out yet and due to a wonderful sunny day yesterday followed by drop in temperatures last night, we have fog!
 
 Wet, damp and cold fog! I love it. Reminds me of growing up on the Monterey, California peninsula in the small rural area of Moss Landing where fog was our sunshine on most days!

Knowing our weather as I do. The fog will burn off and the sun will return again today. It is when there is no fog we will have no sun and rain!

 
 Heroes come in all sizes and ours is a heart hero!  She jumped rope for the American Heart Association and while she didn't quite meet her goal of $200, she got very close and today she wore her tee shirt.  We love the ball, it is one of those really nice heavy duty playground balls!

Sadly, when the kids participate in these things, they have family that always tell them they will support them and then, never do. We decided from now on our we will not ask them anymore as it only breaks the kids hearts when they do not come through!

Our fat kitty KC. Our neighbors have an outside cat that looks almost like her and one day the kids thought KC got out and began to chase the other cat until they looked in our window and there she was as if to say, 'Oh my humans are so silly!'

 Right on cue in steps Venus who wants us to know you have to give the dog equal time as the cat!

My corner of the world may be a bit blue, but it is filled with love and happiness!

 

1 comment:

Hilary said...

humans so silly - where have I heard that before?