Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Only Finished 16 Months Later...Quilters Can Relate

This is the Bejeweled Valentines Table Topper designed by Barb Gaddy and last year, January 2012 to be exact, I won the kit from Inch Worm Fabrics.  

I believe the idea was to have it completed by Valentines day 2012 or maybe 2013, I know it is ready for Valentines day 2014 HAHA!

I had made a smaller round mug rug and was so unhappy with the way it came out all lopsided and mushy but after much encouragement from the amazing Patrick Lose and some suggestions that I cut the fabric on the bias, take my time and be patient, I will learn.

Here was the next project!  I was really pleased with the way the hearts came out and used a non-kit fabric for the binding.  Cutting the circle was a bit of a challenge, but I had so many of you step up and give me suggestions, I decided to go for it!

   
I used purple fabric for the backing and monofilament thread and really think this could be used in reverse as well.  I have a few darker threads that came through and need pulling, but aside from that, it came out round and I am very happy with it.

I really am a slow quilter anymore finding other projects and not taking much time for family quilting, but this has been in my 'TO DO,' pile for to long so now I can call it 'Done!'

I am not a quilt designer, but I love to use others designs and patterns and this one was very fun!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Such a cute table topper! I love that ribbon effect the hearts create. Nicely done!

JJ said...

You did a great job. I am glad you enjoyed the kit. Sorry it took so long to get here to see what you had done. I was out of town with limited internet access.