This one should have been a piece of cake since it was another collaboration quilt with Pat West at www.501quiltblocks.com
however during the past few weeks of putting it together, I had blinding occular migraines.
Then my machine would cooperate with my using the poly thread for the back but it finally came all together and today I added the blue binding and quilt label.
Pat had been working on quilting blocks when I asked for help for this project and she sent me lots and lots and this is the 3rd quilt that I have been able to put together with her generosity.
I wasn't really sure if I was going to like this when it came together, but after taking the photo and looking at it, I think it is just awesome and I added the orange border to help bring out the yellows and creams, but I noticed it brought the orange out of the blocks as well!
I purchased this bubble fabric awhile back to make a skirt for the granddaughters, but both said no, so it sat until I was going through my stash to find a back for this one and it just said bubbles is what it needed.
I used a cotton back because I have a thick poly batting from Warm company in the middle which makes this quilt very thick and let me tell you if you have hot flashes like I do, turn on the A/C while hand binding, I promise you will need it.