Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wow! My First Etsy Sale...

My husband is too funny! One minute he is telling me he can't figure out why I quilt, the next he is telling people how proud he is of my charity quilts or telling me he doesn't understand why they never sell.

Well yesterday, I sold my very first item on Etsy, a square Christmas tree skirt and while I was excited, I quickly learned that the money I was charging for postage was way NOT enough.

Who knew a small box would cost almost $10 to send and that wasn't even priority mail.  I do not see how unless you are a power seller, you can include the shipping.

I wound up eating $5.00 of the postage, so now I have to either raise my prices or include postage and with the new Etsy rules, I may price myself right out of the game.

Still, I was very excited to make a sale in a venue the size of Etsy and here is what I sold for $35

The box I used was just big enough to fit this all folded up and was probably 8 x 10 x 1.5".

Hubby was so proud of me, he was beaming ear to ear and that is a great compliment!
 

2 comments:

Sara said...

That is a really cute tree skirt and I'm sure the person who bought will be thrilled. Way to go with that first sale!

Love Of Quilts said...

That's Fabulous! Good wishes on many more sells.