Monday, December 16, 2013

Even Small Things Make A Difference

When we began our journey for the quilts for the Granite Mountain Hotshots, I sent out Emails asking people if they would quilt and then if they would be willing to be on my mailing list the next time we had a need.

One email I received told me no and explained very nicely why not. A few days ago, I received this message from that same quilter and the compassion I felt for this woman, the tears that I cried and the frustration I had at that original call taker.

I am so humbled she has reached beyond that to become a part of this ministry of reaching out to others.  With her permission here is her letter to me:


Hi Jean,
 
After the Granite Mountain project, I asked you not to put me on your list because I quilt for local groups and generally don't have warm fuzzy feelings for 911 operators.  My only experience with them was when the operator refused to send help because he was sure the person trying to break in to my home at 3am must be someone I knew.  Living alone at the time, it was probably the most terrifying night of my life, thanks to that operator.  Now I'm sure he was "one in a million."
 
Working on the Granite Mountain quilts gave my quilting a sense of purpose I hadn't felt with any other charity.  I still check your blog so often that I now would like to be on your mailing list. 
 
Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing.
 
Through this ministry she was able to be healed and now will be reaching out to others when we have a need, what an amazing blessing for not only her, but all of us associated with Layers of Hope - Quilting 911.
 
God Bless you all and a Merry Christmas! 
 

No comments: