Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Layers of Hope Quilting 911 is Now Trademarked

First of all, I cannot ever begin to thank all of you who have stepped up to make quilts, have donated quilt tops, batting, postage, fabric, thread and always encouragement for me to keep this going, it is because of you that we are one step closer to becoming a non-profit.

As stated early on, a non-profit charity, is NOT owned by anyone. I may be the founder, but all of you are the foundation that keeps this going, the momentum behind me that won't let me stop until this is what God means for it to be!

Today, in mail, I received from the State of Washington my certificate of trademark for the Layers of Hope Quilting 911 logo that was lovingly and wonderfully created by Becky at The Cutest Blog on The Block (go over and show Becky some love!) she is just the very best.

I can now begin ordering business cards, thank you notes, letterhead, etc. and know that it is okay. I truly hope and pray that someday this will be bigger than I have ever dreamed possible and that more quilters and people will come aboard and realize what these wonderful men and women due for us that we never see!

So, be it known from this day forward that Layers of Hope Quilting 911 and its logo is a registered trademark with the state of Washington and cannot be used without the express written permission from myself.

Of course it will probably always be given to all quilters, but I will not allow it to be used for anything but our unseen heroes. I will not be part of a mass calling scheme to collect funds and if you ever receive anything from Layers of Hope Quilting 911 that you are leary of, Email me or leave me a message to contact you!

No comments: