Monday, February 17, 2014

Pieced Quilt All Around

Girl's Dress Quilt

I have been working on this quilt for quite awhile now and really enjoy the colors the grands chose for it. I added various buttons on the straps of the dresses and used the same fabrics for the border and to piece the back.

Pieced Back
 As you can see, I used the same fabrics from the front to make a pieced back and since there were so many different sizes, I used them as they were to give it a more hand finished look.

Where I think I went insane was when I decided to use the same scraps for the binding and pieced together many different 2" strips so the pieces are not all the same uniform size length wise.

I think when it is completed later today, it is just going to give it a really adorable blended look.
    
Binding Strip     

 I should have it finished later today and ready to go into my Etsy shop.  I will post a completed picture this evening!

No comments: