Thursday, June 26, 2014

Easy Peasy Reusable Grocery Bag

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cannot get my videos to load onto blogger or I would do a very quick and simple tutorial on how to make this grocery bag!

Reusable Grocery BAg
 I dislike having to purchase those cheap made in China, sometimes funky smelling grocery bags, and besides that, I like cute.

So today, I decided to do something with this adorable fabric I had purchased by Timeless Treasures while visiting and picking up quilts at Town Square Fabric and Yarn in Burien awhile back.

I took apart a plastic bag I received from a local outlet mall store by cutting up the sides and across the bottom, then I ironed my fabric, turned it wrong side up and traced the bag handle.

I lined this bag to ensure it would carry anything and used the pink Timeless Treasures fabric that matched.  I sewed them together, trimmed the corners and flipped them right side out using the circle in the handle.

It went together quickly, but the circle was a bit of a challenge until I clipped the curves a bit and then I added fray check just to be sure.

I will have 2 of these and give hubby 2 of the recyled denim bags for him when he has to go shopping.  He works hard enough for what he brings home, I cannot see him giving it away a nickle at a time.

It isn't a quilt but it was fun to make!

No comments: