Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Husbands Love For His Wife (The Quilter)

My husband truly never fails to amaze me and it doesn't matter whether he has made a special trip to purchase me a bottle of Skinny Girl grapefruit water because I no longer drink soda, or an on the spur of a moment 'lets run away to Dairy Queen,' while the kids are all watching a movie in their room and YES we did this the other night and they never knew we left!

Yesterday was the schools yearly Thanksgiving dinner and bazaar where our jazz band students go to Olympia and participate in an adjudication concert along with other jazz bands then they come back to our school and play music while everyone else enjoys the feast.

Normally, hubby just leaves when he is done, but we had a friend come over to see the kids play, so we walked around the bazaar ( I had just gone through and walked right past these) when hubby said, 'I think you need some of these for your quilting studio when we get it built.' Me, dumbfounded...'Uh, okay, why, what are they?'

I seriously did not see the large pair of scissors sitting in each one. They are scissor holders and they come with a pair of scissors.  Hubby wanted me to get the teddy bear, but I love witches...well, I prefer those that wear white with ice and snow all around, but these 2 will do nicely.

So, I was thinking, Christmas is coming up and what a great idea for a giveaway. So I will call this couple back and see about getting a set to giveaway.  Stay tuned!

Handmade, hand painted scissor holders by a disabled US veteran and his wife!






 

3 comments:

Dayna said...

Those are beautiful! Are they made from leather? Felt? Something other than that?

Quiltingranny said...

Dayna, they are made out of wood. I love that they will last forever!

Love Of Quilts said...

Happy Thanksgiving.