Monday, February 9, 2015

Almost A Year Later...A Bit Jealous

I don't know if my days are any busier than any other quilters. I don't know who works out of the home and who works at home. I don't know if your home is picture perfect, neat as a pin or as I like to say, comfortably messy.

All I know is I see so many quilters making the most fabulous quilts and not one or two, but some of you get several done a month and then I feel badly because it takes me so long to get one completed.

Created by Tammy S.



 Tammy sent me this quilt almost a year ago to complete. The top was done, the binding was cut, all I had to do was add the back (she even sent that), batting, quilt it and bind it. How hard is that?

I finally completed it last evening and I feel badly that it took me so long to complete. Each time I walked past this adorable quilt, I got pangs of guilt.

I am just a tad bit jealous of those of you who can get these completed so quickly. I used to be able to knock a few quilts out a week, work full time, go to school full time and now I am lucky if I can make by bed during the day.

I would love to promise that I can get more done this year, but truth is, with the kids in band and traveling all over the state this year, one of the girls in Girl Scouts, one in Boy Scouts, trying to help my son find work and get his life back after prison and wanting to do some traveling this year...all I can do is try.

However, I am open to anyone's suggestion of how you get so much done and I would like to at least finish one a month, no, make that two and I would be happy!

Blessings to all of you for a great week ahead and please, take some time to quilt!

4 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

Have you made any other quilt's OTHER THEN WORKING ON THIS ONE, THAT IS. I KNOW YOU ARE ALWAYS ASKING OTHERS FOR QUILTS.Just a bit curious. I KNOW I HAVEN'T MADE ONE IN A LONG TIME.

Scrappy quilter said...

Two ways. I work full time outside the home so I have to be very organized to be able to get as many quilts done as I do. I take time to cut everything out that I need for a specific quilt. Then when I have 10 or 15 free time, I sew. I work hard at quilting at least 15 minutes a day. When you have everything cut out, it works. And a few years ago I begin to realize I'm not in a competition with any other blogger. I do what I feel I can do and I'm able to enjoy every minute quilting. I remember a few years back when I felt I had to accomplish what every other quilter was doing in the blogging world. Once I realized I could do it at my speed it became a whole lot easier for me. You do what you can do. Family ALWAYS comes before quilting, always. Hugs

Quiltingranny said...

Oh yes, I have made several other quilts, but just seeing some sit around I feel badly.
Scrappy, thanks, I do the same just at times feel I am not getting anything done.

Farming On Faith said...

I need to learn to quilt. You do beautiful work.
Thank you for your sweet comment today.
Have a wonderful weekend. I am so excited for warmer weather here in Missouri.