Thursday, March 19, 2015

Clipping Along

I have been super sick the past few weeks, hit by the respiratory bug that has been going around this winter and trust me, you want to move to safer quarters if anyone in your family comes home with it.

It hit my son first and he needed to go to the doctor once and the ER four days later and they thought he may have had the Whooping Cough.

Then two of the girls contracted it and one needed medication, the other was blessed to have an easy case of it and quickly recovered.

Then, about a month ago, it hit me and hit me fast and hard. My doctor gave me a decongestant that was prescription strength but four days later I was in the emergency room coughing so hard, my face would turn purple.

I got steroids, prescription cough pills and another decongestant and for three weeks in order to sleep, I had to sit straight up on the couch propped up by pillows.

We cleaned, we bleached, we used wipes on grocery carts, we wore masks to not spread it to others and just as I was beginning to feel better, my son and I are both being hit with round two.

As stated previously, R U N....if you are around anyone with this, as it is the most miserable illness I have had in a few years when I was hit with pneumonia twice in a year and I seriously believe that was a picnic compared to this mess!

In spite of it all, I have been able to bind two quilts, put together a third and work on cutting and putting together my sons denim quilts (pics to follow later).

I think the reason for my productiveness is that I feel 100% better when I am sitting up because the minute I start to lie down, the barking cough comes back.

I hope this post finds you all well and I pray for all of you to remain healthy and well!


Kathy S. said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I have it too. I gave it to my husband... it's the worst we have ever felt! Our son started coughing today. Hope he doesn't have it and it's just a sympathy cough... We'll find out soon.

Sara said...

Hope you all shake that crud and feel lots better soon. My husband had the same thing and slept sitting up on the couch for a couple of weeks. Luckily I managed to avoid getting it. Influenza kept the family from having Christmas all together this year - oldest daughter and a couple of grandkids had it over Christmas.