Tuesday, August 25, 2015

So Blessed

As of right now, I only have one quilt left that needs adopting for the family members of the three fallen fire fighters. 

Before you click on this post and think to yourself, 'I know someone else will step up, maybe next time.' Ask yourself why is it you feel this way?

How many times have you read about a need like this and passed it up over and over again thinking, next time, next disaster, someone else will do and when you are asking yourself this question, dig deeper and ask yourself, 'would I want someone to say that during my time of need?'

We all do it at one time or another. But how many times have you passed up that opportunity to bless someone?

I know so many of us are busy with work schedules, taking care of our families, helping at church, volunteering, babysitting grandchildren, etc..

But if you are a quilter and have quilts stacked up nice and neatly around your home, please think about sparing one for a family member of a fallen fire fighter.

Perhaps you have lost a sibling or loved one to a fire or who was a first responder and reaching out to someone else who is going through the pain you have will let them know someone truly cares.

I find during these times of need, the same quilters step forward all the time and say, 'I can make one more for you if you need me to.'
For those I am grateful and humbled, but if you haven't donated a quilt to Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 for a fire fighter or their family member, please, do not pass up this opportunity. 

These brave me and women deserve something to tell them you care and are thankful for the job they do.

 

 

1 comment:

Sew Surprising said...

I truly get what your saying, one thing I often ponder is if every quilter/blogger donated just one or two blocks per month to a charity group just imagine how many quilts there would be created :/