Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Under Armour Product Review

How many of you know about Under Armour sports gear?

I know I didn't and I don't think many people do unless you are into running, soccer, football or just wearing labels to be part of the 'in-crowd,' of which, I am NOT!

However, living in WA and it is rainy and I have a runner for a granddaughter and a grandson that plays football, all I heard about was Under Armour this and that and when it came time to play football, we got the cleats at the local UA outlet because they were cheap.

Under Armour began as a way to make a better tee-shirt for athletes and here is what their About Us page states on their website.

'It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance.
Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry and light throughout the course of a game, practice or workout. The technology behind Under Armour's diverse product assortment for men, women and youth is complex, but the program for reaping the benefits is simple: wear HeatGear® when it's hot, ColdGear® when it's cold, and AllSeasonGear® between the extremes.
Under Armour’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation.'  *Taken from the World Wide Web, August 4, 2015. Copied from the Under Armour Official Website @www.underarmour.com.*

I say that to say, I have Neuropathy in my feet, burning, shooting, hot pain in the bottoms of my feet and most of the time, I deal with it or go out and buy yet another pair of new shoes.

Matter of fact, I just purchased these last week by a company called Swissies, called that because, well, they are a Swiss company and their shoes have what is called 'Soft Technology,' and oh, are they ever so comfortable.

However, after wearing them for only 25 minutes my feet were on fire and that is nothing against these shoes, I will try them again, but I was in tears my feet hurt so bad.  

 So, I decided to check out the local Under Armour outlet store after seeing a pair at our local Sunbird's store and knowing $129 was out of this shoe mavens price range and I just do NOT do shoes from Goodwill...ewww, that gives me the creepies putting my feet in where someone else's went! OH NO!!!

So, I go into the local store and start looking for walking shoes, I do NOT like running shoes, they are to light and I can feel every rock on the road.  

I talk to one of the young ladies there and all she knows is they have running shoes or hiking boots, she didn't know much about walking shoes at all.

While I am looking the manager who is also young stops and asks if I need help and I ask her about walking shoes. She tells me they have cross trainers, but don't specifically have walking shoes.

I tell her I have Neuropathy and explain it, she tells me she has medical issues as well in her hips and believe it or not had a knee replacement and these shoes are the only ones that work for her.

Not only do they provide support on the outside of our feet (I tend to walk that way), but they seem to stretch a bit of your feet are swollen like mine are at times.  I tried them on and walked all over the store for about 15 minutes and they felt good.

Here is the very best, most favorite reason why I love Under Armour shoes....If you are not happy with them for any reason within 60 days, you can bring them back!

That is 100% what I said, you can take them back with the dirty bottoms and tops and tell them they don't work and exchange them for another pair.  I loved that idea!

I am pretty sure this isn't with every shoe you buy all the time, but if it doesn't work, you are allowed to test walk in your shoes and that, for me is a bonus!

**Under Armour does not know I am doing this, they have not paid me, not given me shoes or offered me anything. I just love their shoes!**

Today, I have had them on for 4 hours and still feel great!
 
 

No comments: