Thursday, July 17, 2008

In Awe of Quilters....


I am just amazed and in awe of all the beautiful quilts I see on the quilting blogs I check out. Wow! People who still hand quilt, others who do amazing things with their sewing machine and short or long arm machines. You ladies and men just never seem to amaze me and make me smile.

I am jealous of all I see, I want to be better, I want to learn more, I want to do more and I can right now since I am officially unemployed, but where do I start? I need a new sewing machine, I need a cutting table, I need a sewing room. Don't we all?

I sit up long hours during the nights, watching the moon outside my living room window, reading over and over again quilt magazines that I have gone through at least 100 times if at all. I have books of patterns, I have notebooks full of patterns and I have this thing that there are so many, I don't want to make more than one quilt using the same pattern. Silly, I guess.

I have been working on my granddaughters newest quilt since her feet are hanging out of the old one and each corner where the squares meet, I have been sewing on thong buttons in bright colors and I could have had this done already had I gone to the variety store in Elma where hanging up was a quilt with large flip flop patterns all over it. Aarrrgh!

I dont' mind all the buttons and it is original, what I have problems with is my Fibromyalgia and sometimes I can sew buttons for hours and sometimes two stitches and I am done!

With no job any longer, I should be able to finish hers in a few days and put the final touches on Sunbonnet Sue/Sam and have them ready for the upcoming fair.

I am trying to get more people to my blog(s), so I have decided to do like everyone else and put out some questions and then have a contest.

1- How long have you been quilting?
2-How did you get involved with quilting?
3-What is your favorite quilt pattern?
4-Where do you live? **With this one, I find where someone lives has a lot to do with the kind of quilts they make!
5-What type of sewing or quilting machine do you use?

Now, here is the catch. The first person that answers these questions is going to receive 2 vintage quilting magazines of my choice and 3 pieces of fabric from my fabric stash. I recently found out some of the fabric I have is actually vintage as well.

The second person that answers these questions is going to receive 1 quilting magazine of my choice and some knit fabric.

****Grand Prize**** Well, maybe it isn't so grand, but if you recommend five people to check one of my blogs out and they leave your name as a referral, I am giving away a quilted bag with quilting goodies inside.

So, help me get the word out please!

No comments: