Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Am Beautiful- Bible Study Answers


I want to encourage my readers to go check out this awesome bible study that Lisa McKay has put together and then post your own answers for others to comment on. It is just so nice to be able to have something like this for all of us who may feel alone in the world. Through Lisa's study, you will realize you are not alone!


What is your initial response when anyone suggests you are beautiful?
It used to be that I would blush, stammer and become embarrassed. Then one day a customer I had told me I was beautiful, when I just stared at him, he told me, 'is it so hard to just say thank you when you are paid a complement?' For me back then it was. But from that day forward when I am paid a complement or told I am beautiful, I just say thank you. Secretly and on the inside I am jumping for joy that someone paid me a complement. Each of us in beautiful and we need to remember that God made us in His image, so we can't be anything but!


Do you find you engage in a lot of negative 'self-talk'? How much of your thought life does this form of thinking consume? Yes, I do! I broke me leg in 2006 and it was severe break. Since then I have gained over 40 pounds, I can no longer power walk like I used to, so I mentally beat myself up over my physical health. I would say it takes up a good portion of my thinking. I am always feeling fat and ugly lately (will be 52 tomorrow & this isn't what I pictured I would look like). So, 30% of the day!


What is the most radical transformation you've witnessed in an individual after they were born again? It's okay to tell about your own! It was a very good friend of mine. I used to sit at work and tell her about Jesus and how her life would be better if she accepted God. She never wanted to listen because she was drinking a lot and doing some things she knew God would convict her heart on. She met a Christian man who took her to church, came to visit her and they attended church together. Slowly, she dedicated her life to Jesus. She gave up drinking, the only books she reads beside the Bible are Christian books, she donates many of the churches Thanksgiving Baskets and she has changed so much that her sons and daughter have accepted Jesus and attend church.

The imagery of being a City Girl has absolutely changed the way I perceive my worth before God. Does it yours? Will you receive this truth and let it boost your righteous confidence? This is a new concept for me. I have always considered myself a country girl/hippie, but this city girl thinking shows me that I must change the way I am perceived not only by myself, but by others. I don't go out without lipstick on, but I do go to town sometimes looking pretty shabby. This tells me that I should change because I am God's Girl first and that means looking the part so others won't run when you start talking to them.
Who wants to talk to someone who looks like they can't take care of themselves?




No comments: