Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ladies Bible Study


I have decided to start the Bible Study for women that Lisa McKay has designed and I will be posting my answers here for others to read. Already I am amazed at what God is doing and showing me. The very first lesson entitled, "I AM- Your Beauty," Lisa talks about turning her back on Canaan and wanting to go back to Egypt. This is the same lesson I heard John Bevere speak about this past Sunday at our church. Wow!

I will list the question here and my answer in a different color. Please feel free to comment as you are lead and add to the discussion.

1. Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? In my marriage, raising my grandchildren, moving out of Arizona, working with youth, making quilts for those in need. Everyday God places me in circumstances intentionally, because each day of my life, He has preplanned and knows what I am going to do, say and how I will act. What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? If I do not speak out for Him, the consequences are I will not go to heaven, I will be left behind & that scares me more than anything else ever could!

2. Can you honestly describe yourself as a woman with a 'yes' in her spirit? If not, what keeps you from this? Boy, this one is not difficult to answer, it is just difficult to admit out loud. Not all the time because I am just sooooo busy that I don't always witness or encourage others as I should be doing. I am working on this daily. If you asked do I say yes, than that is different. My husband and I moved to Washington because I believe God told me to do this without a doubt in my heart or mind.

Do you recognize any circumstances in your life which could be described as an 'unrecurring event'? Have you ever said 'no' to one and watched God use someone else instead? I don't really think so. I have this weird sense that God talks to me in twos. In other words, if I hear something once it may or may not register but if I hear it later, it comes back quickly and I am like...Okay Lord, I hear what You are telling me now. It is just like hearing about our Egypt's twice in the same week. God wants me to listen to what I am being led to do.

Are you in an emotionally and spiritually healthy place? If yes, how are you using this freedom to minister to others? If no, what do you feel is holding you in your Egypt? Yes, I am. I read His word daily & I am getting much better at praying over my life, my families life and others I meet. I have ministered to other women and the Lord seems to lead me to the younger generation to minister to. I am NOT in my Egypt, I am in Canaan (well, I would be if I had a job) at least physically. Fear stops me many times, however the Lord seems to be able to push me past my fear at other times. I also try to minister to others over the internet. Writing seems to be my best evangelical tool.

No comments: