Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Score!

Well, what else could I name this post but Score? After all, today when I logged onto my Americorps account, there I saw that my education award had come in and to me that is a huge score because I got to give all that money to Sallie Mae towards my education account. What a blessing that was! I still owe over $40K for a degree that I can't even get a job with, but what can I say?

What does one say when asked by a prospective employer why they aren't working in their degree field? I have a degree in Human Resources and no one will give me a job to show them what I can do. Most HR positions require at least a year in HR or familiarity with certain HR programs that I can't have knowledge of becau
se I can't find a job in the field.

I don't know anything else but to be honest. I am honest to a fault my kids and friends say, but I was raised to be honest, I can't be any other way. I don't know how to be any other way. I just continue to pray and give it to God, He knows where He wants me.

In the meantime, enjoy this picture of my latest complete quilt! I have always complained of never having enough time to finish my quilting projects, so maybe this is Gods way of giving me back some time!


No comments: