Friday, January 9, 2009

Prednisone Phooey?

Okay, many of you know of my medical issues, so I am not going to rehash them, but I am going to say all the hype for Prednisone is Phooey! Well, sort of.

My doctor told me if it was going to work, I would see an immediate difference within 16-18 hours later. I took my 6 pills yesterday morning after eating Activia to coat my stomach and then spent all night tossing and turning in more pain that I have felt in a very long time.

Hello! It is NOT working. Well, not for my back at all. Getting up this morning was terrible. It is bad enough I have to stand by the bed for a few minutes, but going to sit down is so bad, I almost can't sit.

BUT......................It is working for my foot pain. Yes, after living in the worst foot pain for almost the last year, I have no pain in my feet as of this morning. So, it is safe to say that my foot problem is probably as I have suspected all along, NOT related to a bone spur, but a nerve or muscle in the wrong place. Reduce the swelling of such and the pain disappears. For that, I am thankful. For the rest, all I can say is:

I TOLD YOU IT WOULD NOT WORK! HELLO, ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME? PLEASE, LISTEN TO ME, I AM NOT A HUMAN GUINEA PIG!!

It is my hopes and I believe it will work out that when all of my medical records come to me and I have them all in my doctors hands they will then be able to make a more informed decision on how to treat me.

I will take Accupuncture, Reiki, Massage, etc. I will NOT take physical therapy that causes more spinal pain.

So, maybe Prednisone works for some areas, but not in all areas!

No comments: