Monday, January 12, 2009

Wanted Feely Fabric

I am calling all crafters and quilters to have you check your stash piles and see if you can help me with fabric needs? I am making some quilts for blind orphans in Sierra Leone for one of our church missionaries that runs a school for the blind children there.

I am in need of fabrics (at least fat quarter sized) that have texture to them (silk, slubbed fabrics, corduroys, fleece, satin, etc.) These will be incorporated into quilts with appliques and buttons and other things the children can see with their hands.

If you have some fabric laying around and would like to donate it, I sure could use it as there are several orphans in need. I will be more than happy to send you pictures of the completed quilts but can't guarantee a picture because their lives are so primitive.

Contact me if you would like to be a part of this exciting project.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

send me a snail mail address and I'll send some feely fabrics. Won't hurt my stash any!