Saturday, August 15, 2009

And You Thought I Was Nuts....

A few posts back, I made comments about how we as people (humans, women, men, real people) have been treated like numbers when it comes to finding new employment. Specifically, I was ranting as I am occassionally know to do, about your credit report and how we should be hired on our merits and not our numbers on a report!

Well, looky looky what I found....I needed to pull all three of my credit reports for a meeting I have next week and lo and behold what did I find? Two errors on my report. For a 45 page report, that isn't to bad, but they would make a huge difference.

The first one was a medical bill that I finally had to write to the CEO of a hospital and physicians office to have removed and it is still there. The other one was for Ginny's, a catalog order company that reported my bill as a write off, when I have the check showing it was paid in full.
Both will take a few weeks to correct, but they will be corrected because I have kept all my documentation!

So, be very proactive and check your credit at least annually and you can go to:
https://www.annualcreditreport.com, just follow the directions, it is quick and easy. The only problem I had and seem to always have, is that Transunion gives me problems all the time and I have to call and send them a letter.

So, do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, get your annual free credit report and look it over carefully!

No comments: