Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blessings Of Change

I have realized for the past several years, that God has me in a unique position, one in which He is in total control and leading me to open my eyes in several areas and yet, while everything fell into place for us to move from Phoenix to Aberdeen, there have been no absolutes when it comes to which direction He has for me as a career.

I have always loved quilting since I made the first quilt (a doll quilt for my granddaughter Christina and a Harley quilt for my hubby), it was like an obsession for me. I have always loved helping people where and when ever I can from the time I was in junior high, so it was a natural progression for me to make quilts for people in need such as police dispatchers.

I was so convinced that my ministry work was in my quilts for these unique people that I had set up 2 blogs to receive information, pass on information and to receive items for those in need. It just never really took off. While I received a few donations for Hurricane Katrina victims, fabric and batting donations for dispatchers during the Virginia Tech shootings and the last quilt I made I received a check for the cost of mailing the quilt and pillow cases, most people made empty promises. I finally had to stop posting to the 911 blogs I had because they weren't doing what I thought they should.

While I may have stopped here, I feel God still wants me making quilts because He has given me all this extra time to sit around and not be able to do anything except hand quilt. I am also going to take the plunge and showcase my quilts on Etsy this month.

I feel that God truly wants me stepping out in this area and I must be bold and accept the wonders that
God is going to open up to myself and my family, the blessings that He wants to pour upon us and while it may not be totally in quilting, I believe He is guiding me to do something in this area.

In the meantime I must remember that I must not be self sufficient, but have Jesus be my sufficiency!

No comments: