Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Christian Women & Blogging/The Christian Women

I am totally happy that I was accepted by Christian Women & Blogging to have my blog listed by their web-site. It is so nice to be able to reach out to others and know they are out their with the same daily struggles and grind as my family is.

If you don't believe others have been through the ups and downs as your family has, just have your church write a book that allows some of the church members to speak about their testimonies, I promise you, your eyes will be opened and you will find out some of those people you thought led perfect lives, have been through the same trials you have.

I have always been considered strong by so many people who know me, but I don't particularly feel that way about myself when I am going through things like I am now. Back surgery, not one, but two since June. How can I feel strong, when I have to ask someone to help me do so many things...pick up what I dropped (unless I have my grabber), help me shower (I can't reach my feet , back or lower legs), carry anything that weighs more than 5 pounds, etc. I don't feel strong, I feel weak!

When I wake up in the middle of the night feeling paralyzed in my arms and legs, I cry out to Jesus, please please help me or stick a fork in me I am done...oops, guess that might be the devil doing the sticking. I don't feel strong, I feel like I never should have had this surgery. I know, I know, get off the pity pot!

Today, was wonderful. I kept the kids home from daycare, we had cereal and toast with jam for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch and I made some jello jigglers. They were so wonderful. They helped me clean my bathroom, their bathroom, vacuum, mop and do laundry. I am a bit curious though, because one of them poured some bleach into a load of lights, not whites!

We were just so productive and they were so helpful. As a treat, we all gathered up on my bed with fresh clean sheets they put on and had kettle corn and watched Ghost Busters and laughed and relaxed. It was so nice to just have them all laughing about the silliness of that movie.

Of course when I say they helped me, I mean they did most of the work, I wet and wrang out rags, sprayed and poured the cleaners and it was great, they were actually fighting over who would mop the floors, who would vacuum.

It is during these times that I realize how blessed I am. I may not be able to do much on my own yet, but all of us make a great team and we listen to their favorite Jesus CD's.

Life is good!

No comments: